What is IEC?
IEC Stands for IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE
Can Export/Import be made without IEC?
No. IEC forms a primary document for recognition by Govt. of India as an Exporter/ Importer.
What are the benefits of IEC?
On the basis of IEC, companies can obtain various benefits on their exports/imports from DGFT, Customs, Export Promotion Council etc.
What are the documents needed for an IEC application?
Documents are listed below:
1. Bank Receipt /Demand Draft details evidencing payment of application fee of Rs. 250/-. DD should be in favour of Zonal JDGFT, New Delhi.
2. Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the format given in Appendix 18A (Part B).
3. Self certified copy of Permanent Account Number (PAN) issued by Income Tax Authorities(both sides).
4. Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant. Photograph on the bankers certificate should be attested by the banker of the applicant.
5. Self addressed envelope duly stamped for Rs.15/-(for Local Address) & Rs.30/- (for Outstation).
6. These documents may be kept securely in a file cover.
What is the fee for fresh IEC Application?
Application fee is Rs. 250/- which can be paid through Demand Draft/ Pay Order from any designated bank in favour of Zonal Jt. DGFT, CLA, New Delhi. Treasury Receipt from the following designated Central Bank of India branches is also accepted :
(1) Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi-110011.
(2) 10, Community Centre, Lawrence Road, Delhi-110 035
(3) 18/4 Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi 110 001.
(4) 55, Madhubani, Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110 019.
What is fee for modification in IEC?
Rs.250/- payable in form of D.D/TR (as per details given above).
Is PAN Number/PAN card essential / What are the alternatives?
Yes , PAN is mandatory. Photocopy of PAN card has to be submitted alongwith the application. If PAN card is not issued to the applicant then a copy of PAN allotment letter from I.T. Deptt will also be accepted.
Do I have to show PAN Card for verification?
How much time does it takes to get an IEC?
Normally two working days.
Can IEC be hand delivered/Over the counter?
No, IEC issued are dispatched through Speed Post.
Is there any Tatkal Scheme?
How may days are required to send the data to customs?
The data is automatically transmitted electronically on the day of issue of IEC.
Is IEC used by Custom department?
Can one check their IEC status at Customs on line?
Yes. Click on IEC (BIN) Status to know the status at customs